Data integration is estimated to account for nearly 35% of total software spending by 2023. But what are the main trends in Data Integration ?
- Automation: Automation is becoming increasingly important in data integration. Automation tools can help streamline the process of data integration and reduce errors. It also helps reducing the time to develop and to deploy.
- Cloud-based Integration: Cloud integration is becoming more popular as businesses look to leverage cloud computing to better manage their data. Cloud-based integration solutions can help organizations quickly and easily transfer data between different systems and applications. With the rise of SaaS usage globally, Cloud-based integration should continue to be deployed as it simplifies integrations between SaaS and cloud based applications.
- Real-Time Data Integration: Real-time data integration enables businesses to access and analyze data as it is generated, giving them the ability to make more informed decisions. Overall, this helps to reduce the “time to data”, enabling organization to shorten decision cycles.
- Self-Service Data Integration: Self-service data integration solutions allow business users to access and integrate data on their own, without the need for IT resources. However, organizations promoting citizen developers, should ensure enforcing the right processes around compliance, security, and data confidentiality, and more globally, governance around building new integrations.
- Big Data Integration: Big data integration solutions are becoming increasingly important as businesses look to leverage the power of big data to gain insights and improve decision-making. Data Integration solutions usage in Big Data context is challenge giving the high volumes it involves and the performance constraints it adds.
Data integration is essential for managing data across multiple systems. With the development of those trends, Data Integration will continue supporting more complex and modern use cases, with higher volumes, better performance, and shorter overall time to value!